Instructor: Amanda McLaurin
Repairs don't have to be hidden- they can become a striking design feature! Learn to patch with embroidery and different stitches to add visual impact to your mending, and restore a well-loved garment to something better than new.
What a lovely way to honor the time and care that has gone into your hand-woven or hand-knit treasures, and visibly celebrate the history of any piece of clothing that is worth keeping.
You will learn:
- basic hand-sewing techniques
- how to create stitch patterns
- how to properly (and beautifully) reinforce clothing
- damaged item(s) you would like to repair
- sewing needles
- patches, fabrics, threads, etc that you would like to use
Some threads and patching materials will be provided in class for sampling, and embroidery hoops will be available to use.
Saturday, January 12 from 1 pm to 4 pm
10 Spots left!
I'm purchasing this class for someone else
By purchasing this class I agree to the terms & conditions