Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel
The Ashford Traditional spinning wheel is the most popular spinning wheel in the world, and has been improved and refined over its more-than-40-year history.
Why is it so popular, aside from its beautiful craftsmanship and fairy-tale aesthetic?
- The separate drive band and bobbin brake adjustment is easy to understand and simple to operate.
- The bobbins are quick and easy to change.
- Scotch tension and 4 speed flyer allow for a wide variety of yarn to be spun.
- Horizontal adjustment of the maiden bar allows perfect alignment with the 4 speed whorl.
- Ball bearings and large 56cm (22ins) wheel makes treadling smooth and effortless and easy to maintain a steady speed.
- The wide legs give good stability especially when speed spinning.
- The treadle is pivoted to allow a comfortable heel-toe action.
Lazy Kate and 4 bobbins included. The many optional accessories make this an extremely versatile wheel.
Available as single- or double-drive, in Natural (unfinished) or Lacquered.