Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel
The Ashford Traditional spinning wheel is the most popular spinning wheel in the world, and has been improved and refined over its more-than-40-year history.
Why is it so popular, aside from its beautiful craftsmanship and fairy-tale aesthetic?
- The separate drive band and bobbin brake adjustment is easy to understand and simple to operate.
- The bobbins are quick and easy to change.
- Scotch tension and 4 speed flyer allow for a wide variety of yarn to be spun.
- Horizontal adjustment of the maiden bar allows perfect alignment with the 4 speed whorl.
- Ball bearings and large 56cm (22ins) wheel makes treadling smooth and effortless and easy to maintain a steady speed.
- The wide legs give good stability especially when speed spinning.
- The treadle is pivoted to allow a comfortable heel-toe action.
Lazy Kate and 4 bobbins included. The many optional accessories make this an extremely versatile wheel.
Available as single- or double-drive, in Natural (unfinished) or Lacquered.
Please note, if this item is not in stock right now, it will ship direct from Ashford, and may arrive separately from the rest of your order. Double-Drive wheels are currently in stock and ready to ship or pick up.