Common Questions and Other Information
For updates on changes to our business during the COVID-19 outbreak, please see our blog.
What is the Weaving Works?
The Weaving Works is an online store, selling equipment and supplies for weaving, spinning, felting, and dyeing. Though we no longer have a brick-and-mortar store that you can visit, we are still staffed by some of the same folks you know from our retail store.
We offer classes in a variety of fiber-arts topics, taught by members of our local community who are passionate about sharing their knowledge and love of their craft.
Classes and Events
All current classes can be seen here. We no longer keep to a quarterly class schedule so new classes may be added as soon as dates are confirmed. Our events and classes can be viewed in calendar form here.
If you are a teacher and have a suggestion for a class that you would like to teach through the Weaving Works, please contact us. We would love to hear what you are passionate about teaching!
Private lessons are available at $35 per hour. Please contact us to inquire and schedule.
Class Registration Policy
- Please register early to ensure your spot and to prevent class cancellation if minimum registration is not met. Registration is handled via the website, and payment is collected at the time of registration.
- Please do not bring children who are not registered for class.
- Please silence your cell phone during class.
- Please arrive ten to fifteen minutes before class to check in.
- For classes that are held at our Lynnwood location, the storeroom will usually be open for shopping directly after class. For classes that are held off-site, you may place an online order and pick it up during class. Please place your online order no later than 48 hours before class time to allow time for preparing your order and bringing it to the class location.
- In case of snow, please email the shop to see if your class is being held. Generally, if school is out in Lynnwood and surrounding areas, the class will be canceled. If we can't get to the office due to snow, we will not be able to check phone messages, so please email rather than call. We will make every effort to keep you updated in case of a cancellation.
- Refund Policy for classes: You will receive a full refund or credit if the Weaving Works cancels a class. If you need to cancel, you will receive a refund or credit only if you give notification at least seven days prior to the first day of class, including transfers. Alternatively, you may send a friend in your place.
Of course, please contact us if you have any questions.
Weaving Works Student Discount
Materials for Weaving Works classes receive a 10% discount. Students enrolled in our multiple week courses receive 10% off purchases during the span of their course. Discounts are non-transferable and expire two weeks after the course is complete. Student discounts do not apply to already marked down items or other promotional materials.
Can I pick up my order instead of having it shipped?
Yes, we offer free order pickup at designated times during the week. Please see the calendar for available pickup times.
Choose the pickup option when you check out, and we will let you know via email once your order is ready for pickup. You can come during any of the pickup times listed on our calendar after you have been notified that your order is ready. It is helpful if you would like to tell us when to expect you, but not required.
Read more about pickups here.
Do you sell gift certificates?
We offer gift certificates for purchase online (click here to purchase). Gift certificates purchased online are sent to the recipient by e-mail. Instructions for redemption are included in the e-mail.
I have an old gift certificate. Can I still use it?
Gift certificates never expire! If you have an older gift certificate purchased at the retail store, you can still redeem it in the online store. How to redeem is different depending on which kind you have:
- online gift certificate: in email or printout form, an image of a red gift package or a sheep wearing a bow, with a 16-digit letter-and-number combination. The website will recognize this code when you type it into the "gift certificate" box at checkout, and automatically apply it to your purchase total.
- barcoded in-store certificate: a kraft paper business card with a round green barcode sticker or a half-sheet of oatmeal-colored paper with a rectangular barcode sticker. The website will not recognize this 12-digit code. Just type it into the "notes" box at checkout, complete your purchase, and we will look up the balance and retroactively apply the balance to your purchase total.
- non-barcoded in-store certificate: half-sheet or full-sheet certificate with staff initials and date, but no barcode sticker. Please mail the actual certificate (not a photocopy) to us: The Weaving Works, 16825 48th Ave W, unit 130, Lynnwood, WA 98037. Include your full name and contact information, and we will keep it on file until you place an online order. Please let us know in your online order notes that you have a paper gift certificate on file, and we will retroactively apply the balance to your purchase total.
Used Equipment Sales/Donations
The Weaving Works does not buy, sell, or appraise used looms, spinning wheels, or other equipment, or facilitate these sales (or donations).
If you have materials (yarn, fiber, etc.) or equipment that you want to give away to a good home, please inquire with your local schools, senior centers, after-school programs, etc. Many of these places would welcome quality fiber-arts supplies!
Returns and Exchanges
We do not offer refunds on purchases. Returns can be made for exchange or credit within 60 days of purchase. All items must be in original, salable condition and, if purchased in person, must be accompanied by sales receipt. If purchased online, you may exchange your merchandise. Contact us by e-mail or by phone at 1-206-524-1221 before sending in any merchandise. We are not responsible for items lost in the mail.
We are unable to offer exchanges or returns on the following:
- Sale and discounted merchandise
- Skeins that have been wound into balls or otherwise altered merchandise
- Bulk items including wind-offs, partial cones
- All printed materials (books, magazines, patterns, etc)
You may have a credit account with us for a variety of reasons. If we have your name plus a telephone number or email address, we can track your balance for you. If you'd like to inquire about your credit balance, please call us at 1-206-524-1221 or e-mail us.
To use online, please tell us in the "Order Notes" section at check out that you'd like to use your credit on account and give us the name and telephone number on the account. We will deduct any balance left (or the amount you specify) before capturing any funds at processing. We will, of course, contact the account owner should the name of the account holder differ from the recipient or purchaser.
Sales Tax Exemptions
We collect sales tax in our Lynnwood location and on all WA state mail orders and online sales.
If you have a Washington State Reseller's permit on file with us, we will refund the appropriate tax amount at the time of pick up or shipping.
If you are a resident of AK, CO, DE, MT, NH or OR in the United States, or AB, NT, NU or YT in Canada, and you are picking up your order in person, retail sales tax exemption is no longer available at the point of sale. Instead, these consumers may request a refund from the Washington State Department of Revenue.