Events and Closures
Our events and classes can be viewed in calendar form here. We try our best to keep it updated. When in doubt, contact us!
- We are closed New Years Day, Easter Sunday, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day annually
- Other events, festivals, and meetups are listed on our calendar of events
Returns and Exchanges
We do not offer refunds on purchases. Returns can be made for exchange or credit within 60 days of purchase. All items must be in original, salable condition and, if purchased in person, must be accompanied by sales receipt. If purchased online, you may exchange your merchandise. Contact us by e-mail or by phone at 1-888-524-1221 before sending in any merchandise. We are not responsible for items lost in the mail.
We are unable to offer exchanges or returns on the following:
- Sale and discounted merchandise
- Bulk items including wind-offs, partial cones
- All printed materials (books, magazines, patterns, etc)
We offer gift certificates for purchase both in store and online (click here to purchase). Gift certificates purchased online are sent to the recipient by e-mail. Instructions for redemption are included in the e-mail. To redeem a physical gift certificate purchased in store (twelve digit numeric code), please include the code in the "Order Notes" section during checkout. We will deduct it from your purchase before capturing any remaining funds. If there is a balance we will notify you of the amount.
Gift certificates purchased online or in store are redeemable both online and in store. To use your gift certificate in store, please present your certificate or code at checkout.
The Weaving Works does not buy, sell, or appraise used looms, spinning wheels, or other equipment. If you have equipment to sell, please contact the Seattle Weavers Guild or visit ANWG for buying or selling.
You may have a credit account with us for a variety of reasons. If we have your name and telephone number we can track your balance for you. If you'd like to inquire about your credit balance, please call us at 1-888-524-1221 or e-mail us.
To use credit in store, simply give us your name (and telephone number if your name is Ann Smith, by chance) and we will deduct it at check out. To use online, please tell us in the "Order Notes" section at check out that you'd like to use your credit on account and give us the name and telephone number on the account. We will deduct any balance left (or the amount you specify) before capturing any funds at processing. We will, of course, contact the account owner should the name of the account holder differ from the recipient or purchaser.
Sales Tax Exemptions
We collect sales tax in our Seattle location and on all WA state mail orders and online sales. If you are sales tax exempt, you will be required to furnish us with proof during checkout. If you have a valid WA State Reseller's Permit, you must submit a copy to us before we can exempt resalable items from sales tax. If you are ordering online and picking up in our Seattle location please read further details here.
Rewards & Discounts
We offer a simple rewards program. Click here for details.
Class Registration Policy
- Please register early to ensure your spot and to prevent class cancellation if minimum registration is not met.
- We are unable to accommodate drop-ins, as teachers prepare materials in advance of class.
- Please do not bring children.
- Please silence your cell phone during class.
- Please arrive ten minutes before class to check in.
- Classes beginning outside of store hours, your teacher will open the door 15 minutes before class. If class starts after store hours, you will not be allowed to wait in the store until your class begins. If you need supplies beforehand, please shop during store hours.
- In case of snow, please call the shop to see if your class is being held. Generally, if school is out in Seattle and surrounding areas, the class will be canceled.
- Refund Policy for classes: You will receive a full refund or credit if the Weaving Works cancels a class. If you need to cancel, you will receive a refund or credit only if you give notification at least seven days prior to the first day of class, including transfers. Alternatively, you may send a friend in your place.
Of course, please contact us if you have any questions.
Private lessons are available at $35 per hour. Please contact us to inquire and schedule.