Common Questions and Other Information
Find information about our new location on our blog.
What is the Weaving Works?
The Weaving Works is an online store, selling equipment and supplies for weaving, spinning, felting, and dyeing. Though we no longer have a brick-and-mortar store that you can visit, we are still staffed by some of the same folks you know from our retail store.
We offer classes in a variety of fiber-arts topics, taught by members of our local community who are passionate about sharing their knowledge and love of their craft.
Classes and Events
All current classes can be seen here. We no longer keep to a quarterly class schedule so new classes may be added as soon as dates are confirmed. Our events and classes can be viewed in calendar form here.
Private lessons are available at $35 per hour. Please contact us to inquire and schedule.
Class Registration Policy
- Please register early to ensure your spot and to prevent class cancellation if minimum registration is not met.
- We are unable to accommodate drop-ins, as teachers prepare materials in advance of class.
- Please do not bring children.
- Please silence your cell phone during class.
- Please arrive ten minutes before class to check in.
- If you would like to purchase supplies and pick them up at class, please place your online order no later than 48 hours before class to allow time for bringing your order to the class location.
- In case of snow, please email the shop to see if your class is being held. Generally, if school is out in Seattle and surrounding areas, the class will be canceled. If we can't get to the office due to snow, we will not be able to check phone messages.
- Refund Policy for classes: You will receive a full refund or credit if the Weaving Works cancels a class. If you need to cancel, you will receive a refund or credit only if you give notification at least seven days prior to the first day of class, including transfers. Alternatively, you may send a friend in your place.
Of course, please contact us if you have any questions.
Weaving Works Student Discount
Materials for Weaving Works classes receive a 10% discount. Students enrolled in our multiple week courses receive 10% off purchases during the span of their course. Students enrolled in short courses and workshops will receive a 10% discount voucher towards a single purchase. Discounts and vouchers are non-transferable and expire two weeks after the course is complete. Student discounts do not apply to already marked down items or other promotional materials.
Can I pick up my order instead of having it shipped?
Yes, we offer free order pickup at designated times during the week. Please see the calendar for available pickup times.You can request an order pickup up until 9pm the day before, via email or order notes.
Choose the "pickup in Lynnwood" shipping option at checkout.
In the "notes" box at checkout, please tell us the day and time that you will pick up your order.
If we do not receive your request before 9pm on the day before your pickup time, there may not be anyone here to meet you, so please let us know!
Read more about pickups here.
Do you sell gift certificates?
We offer gift certificates for purchase online (click here to purchase). Gift certificates purchased online are sent to the recipient by e-mail. Instructions for redemption are included in the e-mail.
I have an old gift certificate. Is it still redeemable?
Gift certificates never expire! If you have an older gift certificate purchased at the retail store, you can still redeem it in the online store. How to redeem is different depending on which kind you have:
- online gift certificate: in email or printout form, an image of a red gift package with a 16-digit letter-and-number combination. The website will recognize this code when you type it into the "gift certificate" box at checkout, and automatically apply it to your purchase total.
- barcoded in-store certificate: a kraft paper business card with a round green barcode sticker or a half-sheet of oatmeal-colored paper with a rectangular barcode sticker. The website will not recognize this 12-digit code. Just type it into the "notes" box at checkout, and we will look up the balance and retroactively apply the balance to your purchase total.
- non-barcoded in-store certificate: half-sheet or full-sheet certificate with staff initials and date, but no barcode sticker. Please mail the actual certificate (not a photocopy) to us: The Weaving Works, 16825 48th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98037. Include your full name and contact information, and we will keep it on file until you place an online order. Please let us know in your online order notes that you have a paper gift certificate on file, and we will retroactively apply the balance to your purchase total.
I have a loom/spinning wheel/equipment/supplies to sell. Can you help me?
The Weaving Works does not buy, sell, or appraise used looms, spinning wheels, or other equipment. If you have equipment to sell, please contact the Seattle Weavers Guild or visit ANWG for buying or selling.
Returns and Exchanges
We do not offer refunds on purchases. Returns can be made for exchange or credit within 60 days of purchase. All items must be in original, salable condition and, if purchased in person, must be accompanied by sales receipt. If purchased online, you may exchange your merchandise. Contact us by e-mail or by phone at 1-206-524-1221 before sending in any merchandise. We are not responsible for items lost in the mail.
We are unable to offer exchanges or returns on the following:
- Sale and discounted merchandise
- Skeins that have been wound into balls or otherwise altered merchandise
- Bulk items including wind-offs, partial cones
- All printed materials (books, magazines, patterns, etc)
You may have a credit account with us for a variety of reasons. If we have your name and telephone number we can track your balance for you. If you'd like to inquire about your credit balance, please call us at 1-206-524-1221 or e-mail us.
To use online, please tell us in the "Order Notes" section at check out that you'd like to use your credit on account and give us the name and telephone number on the account. We will deduct any balance left (or the amount you specify) before capturing any funds at processing. We will, of course, contact the account owner should the name of the account holder differ from the recipient or purchaser.
Sales Tax Exemptions
We collect sales tax in our Seattle location and on all WA state mail orders and online sales. If you are sales tax exempt, you will be required to furnish us with proof during checkout. If you have a valid WA State Reseller's Permit, you must submit a copy to us before we can exempt resalable items from sales tax. If you are ordering online and picking up in our Seattle location please read further details here.