Rainbow Stripe Towels Kit
Everybody loves a rainbow!
With all of the pretty colors available in these adorable wee balls of Ricorumi Cotton, we couldn't help but want to play with color, and kitchen towels are a wonderful way to play! This yarn kit includes enough Ricorumi Cotton DK and Henry's Attic Organic 3/2 Cotton to make four striped towels on a rigid-heddle loom, plus additional yarn for hems and spreading the warp. These pretty rainbow-striped kitchen towels make a delightful gift, or treat yourself and brighten up your own kitchen!
You will need a rigid-heddle loom with a 10-dent reed and at least a 15" weaving width, and basic weaving tools (shuttles, scissors, tapestry needle, etc.). This is a beginner-level pattern, and assumes that you already have the basic instructions for warping and weaving on your particular loom.
Yarn included in kit is enough to make four 13.5" x 20" hand towels, with an assumed 24" loom waste or less.
Of course, this pattern can be easily adapted to larger looms (and would be beautiful in a twill), but will need additional yarn to account for more loom waste or a larger finished product.
- 7 balls of Ricorumi Cotton DK (62 yards each) in your choice of: Bright Rainbow, Autumn Rainbow, Pastel Rainbow, or Neutrals
- 8 ounces (632 yards) of Henry's Attic Organic Cotton 3/2
- 1 ounce (131 yards) of Henry's Attic Organic Cotton 5/2 for hems
- 1 ounce (8 yards) of Mop Cord for spreading warp and spacing
- instruction card (for PDF instructions only, find it here)